Saturday, June 7, 2008

Saturday Wanderings

Sunshine this morning. Hooray! It is nippy out though and the wind is blowing AGAIN. We hit a couple of yard sales and picked up some new things for the kids to have when they come over. One thing is actually a Halloween costume. When I first saw it, I thought it was an alligator but it turned out to be the cutest dragon. I'm sure Payton will play it to death. But it will be a change of scenery since he always pretends to be a wolf or a tiger. We'll teach him Puff the Magic Dragon! Went to my favorite used book store this morning. I have some good books. I happened to mention that I did get three of them from Powell's. The store keeper told me that was her favorite place in the world and she did give me some good return on those books. There is a Red Hat series by Haywood Smith that I really enjoy so I got three of those books and three others and didn't spend a dime. We are really looking forward to the coming week. We will see Cyndi in Baker on Monday and then Virg's aunt and uncle will be here from Montana the rest of the week and we will seeing them quite a bit.

I feel well today but very tired. I have received notification from both State Disability and Social Security Disability. I will be talking with SS on Monday to find out for sure how to report the other Disability. It is my understanding that I will get the amount of the SSDI and then the State Disability will make up the balance of what they owe. I also understand that I do have to pay taxes on this if Virg and I make over $32,000 gross together. Well, that shouldn't be a problem. However, I have to be very vigilent about putting money aside just in case. Also, I have to pay my health insurance every month as they don't take it out of the State Disability. Right now this seems very overwhelming to me and though I try to follow everyone's edict to not worry - I still worry. We will be okay as our lives are very, very good. I will tell you that I am trying to make contact with the State regarding insurance coverage if we were to move from the State. Otherwise, we are set in stone right here until at least August of 2010. If anyone has ideas about how to manage the above (taxes and insurance), please let me know ASAP. Thanks to all for all your help and understanding. Love you - MOM

No comments: