Wednesday, June 11, 2008

We drove to Baker City Monday and spent some time visiting with Cyndi and her friend/co-worker Fran. It is always so healing to visit with my family. I had never seen the Grand Geyser Hotel before and must say it is quite nice. I wonder if my folks were ever in there....we tried to find where our old home might have been on Walnut Street. I think it might now be an empty lot. Baker City is a clean little town. We had dinner at the Geyser - so much food! It was nice to sit and visit. Virg started to not feel well on the way home and has been quite sick. He went to work this morning but did come back home. I hope in some ways I am able to help HIM for a change. He is quite the independent person when he doesn't feel well. The sun is shining this morning but it is cold out, especially for June. Hopefully Cyndi was able to get back to Pendleton last night. Imagine - snow in June. It gives me the chills to just think about it.

The big news is - my supervisor called this morning. I haven't worked since the end of February and I just now got a 48 cent raise. Guess they liked my work ethic!. I will see the result of the raise in July but that's all. (First time ever that I got a raise and didn't even work for it:)

Time to do some cleaning up - I'll run and set my timer and see if I can lengthen it out to 20 minutes but more than likely move it back to 10 minutes. In reading entries on my met 4 e-mail, I've come to realize that all combined chem0, other drugs, the tumors in general, etc., all weaken your system and there isn't a lot a person can do about that but take care of themselves. The group just took a pole on the age of members.... everywhere from late twenties to middle 70's and many, many have been dealing with stage 4 for years. I think what I need to work on most is my patience. Patience with myself mostly. I need to relax my mind as well as my body and accept each day as they say... as a gift. Have a great day and I'll write more later. Be Happy.

1 comment:

DebbPDX said...

SO glad to hear dad is feeling better!!!!!!!!!

HUGS and KISSES -- and get some fresh air.