Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Meet Ruby!

I am going to have to learn how to put photos on my blog. However, right at this moment I'm not able to do that so I will try to introduce you to Ruby through words. Ruby is going to be a best, best friend for the rest of my life. She will be in front of me or beside me every step I take out in the real world. She may help me to develop a new sport - mountain rolling/walking! She has all terrain "shoes" and rolls right over everything. She will provide me with a place to rest when I need it and she will always have safety at mind. Also, she will carry things for me so I can steady myself. There won't be any place I can't go now. Well, that may be a bit premature as I won't know if she likes the snow until we actually have snow, and with the 100-plus weather we have now means it will be some time before Ruby gets the chance to ski. I want to thank my kids for brining Ruby into my life; Zac, Shanna, Mary, and Deb (and others if I have missed knowning they helped). Ruby is a state of the art roller walker. She is not your average walker/roller. She has "big" wheels for going over all different kinds of surfaces, a basket UNDERNEATH the padded seat, a very nice padded back pad (I call it my roller bar), wonderful hand brakes, and a nice, wide padded seat for my big butt! :) I named her Ruby because she is metallic red and has black accessores (brakes, roller bar, basket, seat). When I was a child I always wanted a pair of red sandals but my folks never had the extra money for such a thing. Now, I have Ruby. Virg set her up and thinks she is great. She is adjustable! She is adorable; and, I am sure I will be seen walking, rolling, and maybe even running on the streets of Caldwell talking to Ruby. Thanks so much my wonderful kids. Want to go for a roll? Love MOM

1 comment:

Mary Elliott said...

I want one, too! What wonderful kids you have!! Now you can walk to the library, the store, the ice cream parlor, the park, wherever your little heart desires. Just be careful.... maybe you need a helmet... LOL